Thursday, July 8, 2010

Curious George Makes Muffins

I woke up unusually early this morning. While pondering what we should eat for breakfast, Luke watched Curious George on TV. It was just ending when I asked Luke what he' d like for breakfast. Imagine what he said. "Mom, can I make muffins like George? I want muffins like George!" He didn't demand, he was just excited...! Normally I'd push that request aside with something like, "We don't have muffins. You can have toast and eggs or cereal." But this morning, I decided to go with it. I have 4 cases of muffin mix in my food storage, why not put it to good use?!
We put on our aprons. Luke wanted a chef's hat. I told him I didn't have one, to which he replied, "Can I wear my snow hat for a chef's hat?" Of Course!!
So, aprons on, "chef's hat" on, muffin mix available. We were ready. Luke helped me pour in the ingredients (thanks to Jiffy brand there were only 3) and we mixed, poured and baked.
I haven't seen him so excited to eat breakfast since Rich cooked sausage last week (sausage is always cause for excitement to Luke). I guess I'll have to start paying more attention to my little guy!!
What a great way to start the day...

3 comments:

Mom M. said...

nothin' says lovin' like something from the oven...way to go Luke !

Jill said...

Oh...I REALLY want a picture to go along with this post.:-) So cute!! What a good Mom.

Julie W said...

You earn the great mom award this week. It's just the simple things that make them happy. You could have so easily said no, but you didn't. Way to go.