Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas

We have thoroughly enjoyed Christmas this year. We did our best to keep things simple and light. We also tried to spend time with extended family, as well as establish some of our own traditions. Christmas Eve day was spent in Coalville with Grandma and Grandpa. We played in the snow and laughed and ate food - what a great day! Just to clarify a little, the adults went sleigh riding behind the 6-wheeler in the field, while the little boys hung out with Grandma and Grandpa. What a kick in the pants - I thought I was going to pee my pants from laughing so hard (mostly at myself)!! We enjoyed a wonderful meal together and opened a few gifts before heading for home. Thanks Mom and Dad, Lacee and Bones!

When we got home, we put Luke to bed and tried to watch a movie...we fell asleep.

Christmas morning was wonderful!! Luke let us sleep until 8 AM. We got up, watched him play with toys from the night before and opened our gifts. We finally got Luke to stop playing with his train long enough to discover Tinkertoys and a tool bench. The train is still the highlight for him. I got a very cute purse (much needed - thanks Mom) and a calendar (I love to be able to write my stuff for January). Rich got some games and socks (much needed - thanks Mom). We also are excited to try out our new camp stove! Maybe I'm more excited than Rich, but that would only make sense. I keep thinking of things I can cook outside instead of inside - then I remember how cold it is and I'm glad I CAN cook inside (at least until Spring). Overall it was great! We spent the afternoon at Rich's brother's house in Riverton. We planned to play games, eat dinner and enjoy each other's company. We did all this, but amid the games and dinner cooking, the power went out for at least 3 hours (no watch). All's well that ends well...After a blessing on the food and a prayer for the power to come back on - it did! Yea. We had a great time - thanks Mike and Jill!! (Maybe we should have taken getting stuck in the driveway on the way to their house as an omen for the rest of the day? Not really).

Today Rich gets to go to work, I get to finish cleaning up the house a little, and just hang out with Luke! I'm rather excited to be home today.

We hope you all had as great a holiday as we did!
I'll add pics as soon as I get them downloaded from the camera.

1 comment:

Julie W said...

What fun to get to spend time with family. Glad you made it safely to your destination Christmas Day. I was a little worried for you when you barely made it out of the cul-de-sac.