Saturday, May 22, 2010

Regrets...

I try not to do things that I may regret. I have made choices that I have had to learn from, but I don't really regret those, as I learned and became a better person. Having said that, I have a regret:
As I was getting the stroller out of the trunk, I sat my phone on the ledge where the trunk clasp closes (I distinctly thought - "Oh, I won't forget and leave it there, because if I try to shut the trunk, it will hit my phone and bounce back open" - What the Crap? How do I seriously think those thoughts and not realize how stupid they sound?! Ugh! Needless to say, I shut the trunk and it DID just that - bounced back open. However, my phone now has a huge crack in the screen and can't be read. It still rings (I think) and I can dial and talk (and get VM if I remember to dial for it).

This all means:
I can't text a friend to see if they're awake so I can ask a question - I'll have to call (or not) or ask them later (not likely).
I can't text my sister to see if she's on her way or still loading the kids (Sorry Lac, I love ya).
I can't text my husband and ask him to stop on the way home from work to pick up a few items (or a Dr. Pepper)
I can't have a full on conversation over the course of an hour or so without actually speaking a word (Yes, Haley...we have to use our verbal skills...:/)
I can't text my neighbors or friends to borrow some obscure item in the middle of dinner or naps or whatever. I just have to call or go without.

I guess what it all comes down to is - if I need to talk to somebody or they need to talk to me, we'll have to pick up the phone, dial, wait for the pick-up, and physical say what needs to be said.
Who Does That?!
Me.
Until further notice.

5 comments:

Lacee DeG said...

BOO to using verbal skills! and I guess I cannot be late any more. Sigh..I know you will be able to push on through this trial. Things can only get better from here. No tears..I'll un-boycott FB to send you a sympathy gift! LOL!

Mom M. said...

that sounds like something i would do...i think that a woman's phone should have a necklace option (when we don't have pockets or purse)....of course talking will never go out of style with you. That's why God gave us a Voice Box, a tongue, and ears. :-)

jenn said...

ugh. I'm so sorry. Though I have to admit, when you write it out- your thought process does seem a bit ridiculous! ;)

Julie W said...

I'm not a texter and can't sympathize with you on that but I have done stupid things that I regretted so I feel for you.

Haley said...

Hahahahaha! Too funny! Boo to you not being able to text. :)